Why are you suddenly experiencing more pigmentation if you’re staying
indoors more often?
This has been a common question popping up in my inbox lately.
There are three answers:
- Melasma is triggered by stress and hormonal changes. A lot has changed lately. The new “normal” is causing many people to experience hormonal changes. Don’t be surprised if you experience more breakouts than usual, even if you’ve never experienced one before.
- People aren’t wearing sunscreen as often as they would if they were out and about. If you have windows in your home, then you need sunscreen.
- People are spending more time on their phones and other electronic devices. All of these screens emit blue light, and the damage will be based on the proximity to the device. This causes the same pigmentation and wrinkles as the sun except blue light penetrates more DEEPLY than UV rays.
Unlike most sunscreens, Lira’s range protects against Blue Light as well (including their BB Cream range).
• Solar Shield 30 Oil-Free
Plant stem cells, vitamin C + E, healing minerals, botanical extracts for a silky matte finish
• Solar Shield 30 Hydrating
Peptides, detoxifying tech, plant stem cells, red raspberry extract to restore skin
• Solar Shield 30 Classic Tint
Plant stem cells, vitamin C, thyme and cucumber extracts for healthy glowing skin